Friday, March 23, 2007

Trouble with the Law

I had my first "altercation" with the Sarnia police on Wednesday night on the way home from our small group. After running a red light (it's what everyone does here), I neglected to slow down for the next one. I really had to pee, to the point of severe kidney pain, so I ran the second light and as I drove through John nonchalantly pointed out the police car sitting at the intersection I just sailed through...whoops! The whirly lights came on behind us and I pulled over by the Canadian Tire. Now, not only was I informed that I was going to fast and running red lights but our license plate light was burned out, which is a $110 fine in Sarnia! So,

running a red light = $180
burnt out light = $110
smiling nice and being polite = priceless...no ticket for me!

If John had been driving (and ran the light because his wife had to pee), he figures he would have got the glove! Pays to be pretty!

2 comments:

Solange said...

Wait to use your beauty Kim! Good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs G, you're a badass! Congrats on smiling your way out of a ticket!