Thursday, March 29, 2007

Adventures of Ang & Kim (Part I)

Angela arrived in Sarnia (aka Narnia) on Monday afternoon after an exhausting flight in first-class (you can ask her to explain how that happened). Monday night was pretty low key and relaxed as we got ready to travel to Michigan for a girls weekend..."special friends" on the road once more! We went to Birch Run, MI purely to shop in the largest outlet mall either of us had ever seen. Since we were staying over night in the US, we were only allowed to bring back $200 CAN so we had to be good while shopping...we were. We hit American Eagle, Pottery Barn, many shoe places, Levi's, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer (for John of course), Bath & Body Works, and many more.

At the end of day, we went to Tony's for dinner. Someone John works with had told us we HAVE TO go to Tony's and order a banana split...and bring our camera! Are you ready for this?!...


This "sundae" is a full gallon of ice cream with all the toppings! Ang & I did our best but not even the two of us could conquer this mammoth dessert! It's a good thing we only had a salad for dinner.





Day 2, Ang & I ventured to Frankenmuth, a small town about 12 miles from Birch Run. It is known as "Michigan's Little Bavaria" and it is also home of the world's largest Christmas store, so we had to go. The store, called Bronner's, was quite the sight! It took us an hour just to browse the store and find a couple ornaments. We also got to visit the Easter Bunny who came to the store while we were there. They let us take our pictures with the Eater Bunny and I'm pretty sure the Bunny is a female because it is very possible that I coped a feel..."accidentally"...



Can you see my hands?! Whoops!

Angela stealing a treat from Santa's Workshop!

The Bavarians don't like straight crosswalks...makes it easier to cross the steet after a few beers!

After our fun in Frankenmuth (a little aliteration), we were back on the intersate for the drive home. We totalled our receipts as we neared the border, hoping that we would not get the dreaded glove...all clear!


Stay tuned for Part II: Toe-tastic....

4 comments:

Solange said...

That is a disgusting looking sundae!! Good job on it though. WOW, all u need to make that moment just right is.....Joc & I! ;)

Sounds you guys are having a nice time! Cannot wait to hear all about it!

Solange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanet said...

Wow...we must go to Tony's when we go...how fun! Nice girl you are...coping a feel on the poor easter bunny!

Unknown said...

Man, and I thought Solange and I each having our own frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's in NYC was going to be embarrassing! But a gallon of ice cream? That's just crazy! I'll need some stories stat, so perhaps we need to get together with Ang soon. Looks like you guys had a really great time.