I have been a little absent lately from blogging but I'm back. The absence was in part because our camera died and I wanted to post pictures and in part because I am lazy. So, an update for everyone for the past month:
1. I started a kids' performance team (KAOS) like I ran at St. Albert Alliance Church. It's going really great and I have 13 kids on my team that are excited to come each week, plus I have 2 volunteers! (That almost never happens)
2. John and I travelled back out west for a visit at the end of February. And, while John went to a conference in Calgary, I stayed home to visit with friends and family. It was so much fun to see everyone, eat tons of food and even take Jaina swimming with Jeanet and my mom! I am looking forward to another visit in May!
3. While in Alberta, John and I were able to see his Grandma whose not in the best of health right now. It was nice to have a visit with her and his uncle even if only for a short time. We drove from Calgary to Saskatchewan and back to Banff (to meet up with Angela & Shawn) in less than two days...1400 km in less than 48 hours!
4. Earlier in February, John and I started the renos of our basement (this is what I wanted our camera for). I painted the basement a nice milk chocolate color (called "Tiramisu") and, with the help of some friends, we laid down a beautiful vinyl flooring that looks like real dark slate stone. We got the projector all wired up and now we are working on the bathroom, trying to get it all finished before Ang's arrival in 2 weeks! When we finally get a camera we will get some pictures posted.
5. Lastly in the update...John got his birthday present 2 weeks early this year. We now own a Wii and John is already a professional bowler and on his way to being a professional tennis player. I can hit 6 homeruns...that's about it. It's really fun!
That's all for us...keep in touch....
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was nice to see you too Kim! Isn't the Wii so much fun?! Love it. Can't wait to see you in May. :)
Post a Comment