Thursday, December 14, 2006
Wednesday Night Adventures
Last night, John and I had a free evening because our small group is done until after Christmas. So, we had big plans...nothing, then go to sleep early because we were exhausted...exciting, hey?! Well, plans are meant to be changed. Instead we went to the casino where I won $4 on the slots and cashed out before I got in over my head ;) and then we went across the bridge to Michigan for dinner. It seems so odd that I have that ability..."let's go to the US for dinner!" We found this little ghetto bar & grill in Port Huron called Chicken in the Rough and it was definitely in a rough neighborhood but the food was great. For $7.95, I got almost 3/4 of a chicken, a basket of fries and a biscuit. And since customs won't let you bring any take-out or food back into Canada, we ate until we couldn't eat anymore...so full, so tasty! While we were in Michigan, we also rented a mailbox at the UPS Store so we can purchase things online that they won't deliver to Canada. It was so easy and now we have an address in the US! I have a zip code!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So when James and I were in Toronto visting Rob and Warren on their practicum we had a similar thought but wanted to head into Detroit. The customs guy game us the strangest look when we said we wanted to cross to go to dinner. Apparently and for somewhat obvious reasons we later discovered, that is one place no one heads for dinner.
Oh, and given we all now have to log into the blog I am unamimously deciding you should make the keying in crazy letters thing to post comments go away.
Will do.
Post a Comment