Monday, October 23, 2006

Sarnia...so far...

As many of you know I have now been a resident of Ontario for 1 week and I am settling in pretty good. I have my Ontario driver's license (I don't have to wear my glasses in Ontario!), I am looking for a job, and John and I almost have all the health benefits stuff sorted out. Next step is to get my Ontario health care card and paint the basement.

This past weekend, John and I went up north to Huntsville and the Deerhurst Resort for the Fall Gourmet Getaway! Deerhurst is an amazing resort and we had a package that included 3 days of food, more food, and lots of wine. We visited some local retailers that supply to Deerhurst like the Muskoka Roastery for coffee, the Ivanita Farm to meet the future prime rib, and some of the onsite places like the Sugar Shack where they make their own maple syrup and the apiary where they make their own honey! IThe weekend was hosted by the resort's Executive Chef, Rory Golden, and he even took us in the kitchen to see how everything works and John had a chance to help Rory prepare some potatoes and mushrooms...my little sous chef! It was awesome and John and I are now on a salad only diet this week.


John cooking with Rory, the executive chef.
In one of the main restaurants, Eclipse.

Here are a few more pictures from our wedding too:

John and I just after the ceremony outside.

Beautiful Jaina all dressed up for the wedding!

The somewhat traditional cutting of the dessert!

Me and my Grandma!

4 comments:

Solange said...

Ahhh, looks like you guys had an awesome getaway. Looks awesome! So, that is THE Grandma?! :)

Kim G said...

She is my one and only grandma. Solange, "do you know her too?!" :)

Solange said...

Hahaha, the funniest thing Bo ever said! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! Looks like you're having a great time out there. Don't get too comfortable...we expect you back here soon :) Thanks for keeping us up to date on all the happenings out east. WE MISS YOU!!!!!! :)