Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lock Your Windows & Doors!

Yes, we officially live in the Dutch Ghetto! This morning at 2:30am I was awaken by a loud thumping on the stairs and Angela screaming my name. I thought Ang had fallen down the stairs and hurt herself but it was worse...someone broke into our home! Someone cut the sensor lights outside, slit the screen of the bathroom upstairs, climbed through the window, came downstairs and took money out of Angela's purse then stood there in the dark, frozen until Ang woke up and saw him. He ran out the back door and we called the police. THERE WAS SOMEONE IN OUR HOUSE! The scary thing is that no one, except Ang eventually, woke up! Marianne and Braedan are currently installing a security system and putting the "Beware of Dog" sign back up on the gate. We didn't sleep much last night...Shawn came over which was a comfort and I "slept" on the floor in Ang's room. I am looking forward to moving now...we need to get out of the ghetto!

To everyone we love...lock your doors and windows!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh holy crap! How scary! I'm glad you guys are OK, though. Hopefully you get through the rest of your time in the dutch ghetto without any more trouble.

Kim G said...

We were both visibly shaken but thankful that no one was hurt!

Anonymous said...

We will stay with you as long as you need us to!

From Joc: Don't worry, I have enough Take Home Chef to keep us up for a long while!!!

Julie said...

That is horrifying ... I am glad everyone is ok.