Saturday, June 24, 2006

Get Naked, Oiled Up and Meet Me in the Woods

An "Amazing Race" and an amazing man! I AM ENGAGED!


Now, let me explain the title...

Friday, June 23rd began early. I awoke at 8:20am to the Star Wars theme song. Unsure of what was going on, and knowing John should be at work, I got out of bed, opened the door and discovered his cell phone making the noise and a note on a chair beside the phone..."Good Morning! You will want to go upstairs right away. Love you, John".

So, I went upstairs to discover an envelope that said "The Amazing Race: Kim Edition" and a present. In the envelope was instructions to get showered and be at the Tim Hortons by 9am. I arrived at Tim's, via bicycle, and ordered breakfast, then was told to open the package. I sat down, opened it and discovered a Narnia puzzle and a note to complete the puzzle, which will give me my next clue, and be on my way by 9:30am. The 100 piece puzzle was a slight challenge but I figured it out, flipped it over, and saw the next place to go...his neighbour's house.

When I got there, I was given another package and another envelope with instructions to complete the task before the next challenge would be assigned, by 10:15am. I was asked to help Dan (John's neighbour) with his car...I'm not a mechanic!! It was a Lego Ferrari race car that I had to build. I finished it with time to spare and Gayle (Dan's wife) gave me the next envelope. All it said was "Do you trust me? Go with Gayle."

I got in the car and Gayle drove me to the Sawmill Golf Resort & Spa where I was told to go inside and find the spa. When I did, I was treated to an afternoon filled with a facial, manicure, massage (that's the get naked and oiled up part), and then lunch in the restaurant.

There I had another envelope to open that included a Sudoku puzzle of which some squares were highlighted. I had to finish the puzzle and the numbers in the highlighted squares would give me a phone number to call for my ride back to town. Galye was the person on the other end of the phone and she came to pick me up. She gave me my next envelope which was to go back to the house and look in John's bottom drawer of his nightstand. I found an envelope there. Then, I was to go to the office and look in the textbook of the subject I beat my brother at in University (Calculus, of course) where I found my last envelope. It said call a cab to pick you up 4:15pm and take you to where I kissed you the other night. I know it's mushy but I knew exactly where he is talking about. I sat in the house hoping that at the end of this day I would see John and I did! He was standing on this secluded path in Canatara Park ...he met me in the woods.

He said some beautifully romantic things, got down on one knee, and asked me to be his wife! I said, "Absolutely"! At the end of my Amazing Race, I got a boy!

And, a beautiful ring!

7 comments:

Solange said...

OH MY GOD!!!! Congrats Kim!! You were supposed to call once it happened! I will be calling you tomorrow night! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Warren and I are absolutely thrilled for you both.

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!! Congratulations, Kim! That John is one lucky boy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm running dangerously low on non-married friends. : )

Congratulations Kim!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to find a wife so I won't be left out.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news....Amazing even! Congrats Kim!

Anonymous said...

Well Kim, I'm a little concerned...I think anything less than married before the 8 year mark is rushing things! :)
Just kidding of course, Shane and I are so excited for you.