Saturday, August 09, 2003

Morison or Madonna?

So, I went to the doctor yesterday to find out why I have been coughing so much and feeling like I'm having an asthma attack all week. Well, I have bronchittis, which is no surprise, but that's not what makes this entry blog worthy. I went to a different doctor because mine is on vacation, and when I went in everything appeared to be what I would class as a typical doctor's office....the dusty rose and greyish-blue paint on the walls, the entry-way filled with chairs and magazines from July 2001, and of course the nurses behind the counter. However, this doctor wasn't typical at all. After waiting for over an hour, Dr. Morison strolls in with this huge "Madonna" microphone around his head. It was huge...like one of this very first hands-free mics! Anyways, he sits down at the computer and starts typing...pulling up my file, I guess. He looks at me and says the usual doctor stuff...say awe...deep breaths...bend over (just kidding!). Then, he sits down again at his computer and begins to have a conversation...with me, you ask...no...with his computer. The computer is on voice-command and as he talks, the computer types. He even had the computer fill out the perscriptions I would need and then emailed them to the Safeway pharmacy (they were actually ready by the time I got over there!). Impressive, I thought, yet I must say his people skills need a tune-up.

Well, hope everyone has a great rest of their summer! I am off to Mexico to build houses. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post some of my trip when I return!