Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Anyone an Adam Sandler fan?

If you are you probably won't enjoy Punch-Drunk Love. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm a huge Adam Sandler fan (I even have a CD of some of his songs and I have seen SNL's Best of Adam Sandler about 7 times this week..no cable!) Anyways, Punch-Drunk Love is an amazing movie but it is definitely not a typical Sandler flick! Obviously if any of his films are shown at the Cannes Film Festival you know it's no Waterboy! I'm not a film critic but I thought it was good...just didn't understand what was the significance of the vehicle roll-over in the opening scene and what the piano was for. If anyone sees or has seen it and understands this, let me know. I would rate this film above Rapid Exchange but below Happy Gilmore on my movie scale. (I don't really have an official scale...just making it up as I go along! Maybe I should make on...perhaps something similar to Warren's scale from the bus in high school!)