Monday, May 05, 2003

My Dad has taken duct tape to a whole new level! I got into his truck a few weeks ago to drive to the church on Sunday morning. This is the only time I ever drive the truck. Anyways, as I sat in the driver's seat I was having incresed difficulty with the seatbelt buckle. I looked to the side of me and noticed a piece of string with a large alligator clip attached to it. I sat there puzzled and then realized that this must be how my Dad is keeping himself safe, by attaching this paper clip to the strap of his seatbelt. Well, seeing I was late I attached the clip to the seat buckle and proceeded to work. A couple weeks later I noticed the large clip was gone and in its place was a ton of duct tape. Yes, my Dad found it inconvenient to keep "unclipping" his home-made seatbelt, so he duct taped a "S" hook into the receptacle! Now, in order to stop us from flying through the windshield, we have a small hook to keep us safe. When I asked my Dad why he didn't get it fixed, his relpy was, "it will cost $212!".

No comments: