Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Today By Kim

It is 8am and I am sitting in Coffee Lodge blogging because I don't have to work for another hour. The joys of having one vehicle between John and I and he needed to start work today at 7:30am. I really have nothing to blog but I have nothing but time...I've checked my email...I've had breakfast...now I wait.

The job is going really good! The people here are wonderful and, besides spilling coffee on the co-worker that warned me about her anger issues, they have been really encouraging and friendly. I have yet to tackle the big espresso machine because I am still learning about how the place works, all the stuff they serve, and where it all is on the computer. Coffee Lodge has a full menu of snadwiches, wraps, and breakfast food so I have to learn how to make all that on top of the coffee...hope I can handle it all! ;) Last night I had a dream that I was back at Swiss Chalet and it was my first day. Lana (my former manager) was giving me tons of tables because she knew I could handle it....I cracked under the pressure. Hopefullly that is not an omen for today.

Last night I played soccer. If I haven't mentioned already it is a lot less competitive than the league back home but it's fun just to run around. During one shift last night one of the girls on the opposing team thought it would be fun to play the shift without running...only power walking. It is a lot harder than it looks and it was short lived but fun! After the game, we all went to Don Cherry's for nachos and drinks. John always comes to my games and so he was quite outnumbered at the bar...23 girls, 1 John!

A blurry picture of me playing. We're the crazy yellow color and if you look closely you will notice my pinkies are out even during the game!


Well, that's all I've got. Sarnia is rainy and wet right now and I miss the Alberta blue skies and bright yellow sun! I also miss all off you - my friends and family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update...nice to know everything is going well out east :) Hey, don't feel too bad...we've been having pretty crappy weather the last week or so. First quite chilly, then snowy, and now we're having that wonderful ice rain. Well, it was raining through the night, and now I think it's warm enough to keep it slushy. It's like Vancouver :)

Anyhoo...you'll have the hang of the Coffee Lodge in no time. those first days are always terrible. And just think, with a flexible schedule, you can come and visit me anytime!! And by me, I mean me and everyone else here who misses you like crazy :)

Good luck with all your soccer games. I look forward to pictures of new astro-turf burns, bruises, etc... :)

Joc :)

Anonymous said...

Do you guys play on that old school astro-turf? or that new stuff that kind of looks like grass? If it is the old pastel green stuff....oh man that woudl hurt.

Anyway...23:1....even I could 'get it done' with those odds.....who am i kidding....there is no way.

Kim G said...

Remember, Ryan, I play in the "senior women's league" out here because it starts at 26 so I am the youngest one on my team and one of 3 women without kids! Probably not your crowd. Oh, and we play in a elementary school gym so the floor is vinyl. It is incredibly slippery and I haven't skidded on the floor...yet...