Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Vacation in Maple Country!

Well, I am home from Ontario and my trip was amazing...did I want to come home?? Let's just say it is beautiful there and I will definitely be visiting again. I have lots of pictures and stories to share but I will only blog some of my favorite pictures from my trip and maybe tell you a story or two...some details I will keep to myself!

I cooked a turkey! And it was so tasty! Look at me being all domestic! I would like to thank the Butterball website for the instructional video that made this turkey possible!

Our wonderful Thankgiving dinner...

Thanksgiving Monday, John and I hit the road to the T-dot! We saw the Eskimos square off against the Argos. We were sitting in the "Eskimo Supporters" area so I felt relatively safe! Eskimos won 17-13...yeah! After dinner we cruised the downtown area...we saw Much Music (not that impressive) and went for dinner at Milestone's (awesome spinach dip!).

John & I met Rob for breakfast on Tuesday morning at an incredible market called Richtree Market. This was my Belgian waffle...look at all the berries!!

We stopped for a picnic in Torrance Barrens trails...beautiful lake, beautiful scenery and we were the only two in the whole area!

Looking like quite the official hiker!

And, of course, I had to climb something!

Just a sample of Ontario's beautiful trees!

I AM the mini-bar!!

Mmmm...scrambled cookies! Yes, we made cookies in a frying pan....no, they were not good!

Wow, look at those wild rapids (insert sarcasm)...careful, John!

Another beautiful trail we hiked down in Algonquin Provincial Park!

We toured the Johnston's Cranberry Marshes...did you know cranberries grow on vines and are harvested in water?!

Oh my goodness...look at the Bala falls (insert more sarcasm). Well...look closely or you may miss them. Do they not know what "falls" are?! Isn't this the province with Niagara Falls?

After leaving the falls, we drove to Stratford to see "As You Like It" in the Stratford Festival. It was great and the music of the play was composed by Barenaked Ladies!

I learned to make Tiramisu!

This is the beach about 2 minutes from John's house, and that's me swimming in Lake Huron...in October! Yes, it was a little cool but I wouldn't be a true Albertan if I didn't "dunk the junk"!

That's it! This past week was amazing! From Sarnia, to Toronto, to the Muskokas, and Stratford! We found lots of fun little towns to visit, saw plenty of beautiful trees, and enjoyed every minute together! I can't wait to go back!

No comments: