Sunday, September 18, 2005

We Are Vertically Inclined!!

A Sunday afternoon spent in the company of great friends, good fun and tons of food!

Today, Jocelyn, Dave, Angela, and I adventured to Vertically Inclined Rock Gym to try out Dave's certified belaying skills and scale a few walls. It was so much fun...the cave...the callouses...the package! We even made it to the top of the various rock walls more than once, and we learned how to belay without anyone dying or getting too severe a wedgie.

Dave...so flexible...but he did fall immediately following this picture!
Angela showing off her belaying skills!
"Hey, look at my package!"
Look at me...I'm almost to the top...and I did actually get there!!
After leaving the gym, sore and realizing that we all should have stretched a little bit before conquering Everest, we went back to Angela & my place for real Mexican tacos. Now, a real Mexican taco does not have cheese or salsa or even sour cream (although they were available for those who wanted them)...a real taco has guacamole, onion, cilantro, tomotoes (which I did eat) and shredded pot roast that I cooked in tons of spice and other good stuff! Then, to top it off a little squeeze of lime before you enjoy...oh, so tasty! We ate like Mexican royalty and finished our dinner off with a yummy dessert made by Jocelyn.
It was amazing how "grown-up" we all felt sitting around the dinner table, eating together, playing cards while drinking coffee, and finally dessert. Thank you for a lovely evening!!

No comments: